So last night I attended an event in downtown Los Angeles to play Forza Motorsport 5 and get my hands on the Xbox One for the very first time. The first thing I must say is I love love love the new design of the Xbox controller. It just fits better in the hand, has force feedback now in the top triggers (the top triggers RT/LT are way wider and now as curved as well) and just has a much friendlier overall design. The controller redesign is going to prove to be a stroke of genius.
The big announcement was that Indy Car was coming to Forza 5 (snoozer) and some cool historic Formula 1 cars which I think it pure awesome. Sadly, nothing was announced on the drifting front but the whole Falken Team was present at the party, Justin Pawlak’s Ford Mustang was on display, and in the gift bags when you left I got a model Justin Pawlak Ford Mustang. Hopefully we can take this as a hint that some Formula Drift love or official builds will come into play like years past with the RMR Genesis and Top Secret S15 Silvia.
Now here are the details and things I have learned about Forza 5 so far:
1. Vinyl/Layers cannot be imported into Forza 5 (new engine/system
2. Every car in the game will be available for Autovista Mode (now Forza Vista)
3. All paint changes, wheel modifications, etc.. will be present when looking at your car in Forza Vista Mode
4. New reworked AI that learns how you drive and finds/improves opponents for races
5. A cinematic movie score is present in the game.
6. No weather or night racing in Forza 5 (thanks to MotorWorldHype.com)
7. Paint is now layered. Clear coat and items are separate in the engine allowing very authentic look to cars.
8. Single player can be played not online
9. No dirt/rally racing like in Forza Horizon. With new engine in Xbox One different tarmacs will feel different. I drove a street course in Prague with terrain changes you could feel like transferring to a bridge.
10. Thrustmaster wheel to replace Fanatec as official wheel (rumor posted by Motorworldhype.com)
11. During daytime gameplay the dashboard has reflections on the windshield within the in cockpit race mode
12. This game will run at 1080p resolution at 60 frames a second.
13. Regular DLC packs are staying in Forza 5
14. Right trigger provides force feedback under shifting adding a feel to the car. Under braking the left trigger vibrates progressively more
15. No current agreement with Porsche